DUK and hibernation advise

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
Incognito

DUK and hibernation advise

Post by Incognito » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:37 pm

I've done the usual bits and bobs, all corners on axle stands, dehumidifiers etc. However . Toad alarm and keyless entry on DUK. Now normally I'd remove the battery over winter. I'm not sure what to do , do I leave connected ? Options I'm guessing are to leave unlocked or hope I can get in via the boot come spring if I remove the battery .
Any advise appreciated.

jrh

Re: DUK and hibernation advise

Post by jrh » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:02 am

There will certainly be enough of a drain on the battery over 'the winter lay-up' to flatten it completely , unless you charge it weekly.
Make sure the bonnet is left in an 'openable' state if you do leave it connected.

mojo98
Tech Rep

Post by mojo98 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:42 am

I use trickle chargers to keep my batteries in good condition, remove all the batteries and keep swapping the charger over :D ,

Incognito

Post by Incognito » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:18 pm

Usually I do remove the battery and trickle charge which I have for MOR , but if I remove the battery off DUK I'll have to leave unlocked over winter , or rely on being able to unlock the boot and climb. Just worried in case all the after market alarm system messes up .