V6 cam belt change

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
fuerte

Re: V6 cam belt change

Post by fuerte » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Bikergonebald wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:43 pm
My biggest problem is a slipped disc and waiting for surgery. That and when I bought it I told my wife i wouldn’t be doing any work on it.
Otherwise I’d be outside now with it in pieces.
Dont beat yourself up.yes in an ideal world it is better if you can do yourself but I said I owned 2 probes but that was. 2 probes cam belts changed.I have had 4.mine have always been kept on the road by garages with the help of ukpoc advice and parts and occasionally odd jobs done.But we are not near the gucci tech guys.
So as scooby said sometimes its easier to use garages and there are loads of us with health problems too.
I am near you so I have shed loads of numbers for garages but only a couple I definitely recommmend.
If you saw my other post I need a week to focus on my car and my dog but after that happy to chat with you on the phone as I have top tips to find good independent garages as scooby said.
You will get there.Try the one I suggested if urgent.

Jon G 24V
Tech Rep

Post by Jon G 24V » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:49 pm

Is this a desperate must do now or could it wait a bit ?
If you can get the Car to Leicester then if you bring the parts with you then I can do the belt change for you.
Only thing is I'm not sure when.
Got lots to do before fest and then my daughter gets married in July, but if you can wait till the end of July then I'll have more free time.

fuerte

Post by fuerte » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:09 pm

Jon G 24V wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:49 pm
Is this a desperate must do now or could it wait a bit ?
If you can get the Car to Leicester then if you bring the parts with you then I can do the belt change for you.
Only thing is I'm not sure when.
Got lots to do before fest and then my daughter gets married in July, but if you can wait till the end of July then I'll have more free time.
Going off topic but great news to hear your daughter getting married.will you post photos.I love a happy story
.dont worry not asking for an invite to the wedding.lol
But always open to applications to adopt me.good luck if you take that one on!!!!