2.0 emissions, CO too high

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
Haulin

2.0 emissions, CO too high

Post by Haulin » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:47 pm

I've had the 2.0 probe for five years and every single year there's been problems with emissions, HC and CO being too high, this year though only CO, everything else ok. During these years we've changed catalytic converters, lambdas, spark plugs and wires, MAF from 626, "new" 130k km 626 engine as the old one was eating oil really bad and ECU as the old one wanted to retire. No fault codes. Running too rich but why :?:. I wouldn't want to get rid of the car, but it's so annoying that year after year it's a nightmare to get the car inspected, no matter what you do to try fix it. :roll:

BTW am I right that there are three coolant temp sensors on the head, 1 for the ECU (green), 1 for gauge and 1 unused (black) that is used only in automatic cars or am I missing wires?

ICKLE
Site Admin

Re: 2.0 emissions, CO too high

Post by ICKLE » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:05 pm

these cars are notorious for having very lazy catalytic convertors and most garages don't know this so don't let them get up to temperature or hot enough before testing them ,,my advice take it for a long blast and get it nice and hot before dropping it at the mot station ..

ReesMoyer

Re: 2.0 emissions, CO too high

Post by ReesMoyer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:10 pm

I had the same problem 3 years ago and I took it on the road very hard before testing and it actually works.