Lifting/Jacking Points

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
ash1205

Lifting/Jacking Points

Post by ash1205 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:19 pm

I know there used to be an article in the oracle about this, but can't find it. Does anyone have the picture/diagram with the recommended lifting and jacking points??
Ash

mojo98
Tech Rep

Re: Lifting/Jacking Points

Post by mojo98 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:53 pm

Hi Ash, I always use the positions

front = Just behind the wheels, I use the Bolt position (rear Wishbone bolts) or the Front cross member hold engine/gear box (but its just off centre)

Back = The middle of the rear cross member (you will see what looks like a square) right in the centre, then put stands on both laterial arms

will try and get some pictures for you tomorrow

Jon G 24V
Tech Rep

Post by Jon G 24V » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:10 pm

mojo98 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:53 pm
Hi Ash, I always use the positions

front = Just behind the wheels, I use the Bolt position (rear Wishbone bolts) or the Front cross member hold engine/gear box (but its just off centre)

Back = The middle of the rear cross member (you will see what looks like a square) right in the centre, then put stands on both laterial arms

will try and get some pictures for you tomorrow

Me to 👍👍

Andy W

Post by Andy W » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:30 am

Yeah unless your car is super solid I wouldn't chance the factory points on the sills - might get a shock.

I use the front wishbone mounting point and place the axle stand under the chassis section.