Immobiliser chipped key

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
Dave v6

Immobiliser chipped key

Post by Dave v6 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:54 am

Hi lost my chipped key 🗝 it will start on spare key 🗝 not chipped then cuts out can you take the immobiliser out of the car and where is it hidden in the car 2.5V6 or does it all need replacing Inc locks please let me know so that I can get it back on the road.
Thanks Dave.

mikenali

Re: Immobiliser chipped key

Post by mikenali » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:47 am

The Temic immobiliser lets the car start, then checks the chip in the key. If the key chip doesn't match, or hasn't got one, it cuts the engine.

I think it's a fully intergrated system, so you'll need a chipped key, ignition barrel, immobiliser, and ECU from the same car.

Don't know if Ford or one of these alarm places could program a new key.

sockett 1962 ][

Post by sockett 1962 ][ » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:43 pm

i lost keys for my audi a couple years back car locked phoned r a c they give me a number of some one who come to me cut a key then coded it worked spot on thing is cost me nearly £4oo not cheap but some car insurance has lost key cover hope you sort it

humph

Post by humph » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:45 pm

Your only option would be the parts from another temic car. In the past it was possible to get a code from Ford, but they are not interested these days.

If you could get the code from Ford, then I have the procedure. I have done it once, but it is fiddly, it took me about 20 goes before it worked.