bonnet catch advice

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
fuerte

bonnet catch advice

Post by fuerte » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:02 pm

I noticed my bonnet catch pull lever is not retracting when I pull it out.I did some car checks yesterday as I hope to try and drive tommorow and noticed this morning the bonnet hadnt shut properly.
When I got the car 3 years again it didnt shut properly so since I have always slammed it from about 6 inches.I noticed there was shed loads of white grease on the bonnet catch at the front of the engine so I thought previous owner may have had some problems with it.
Is it my wire on way out or is it the bonnet catch sticking please.If the latter what grease di I use.I think I have them all by now!!!!!

cpt black
Tech Rep

Re: bonnet catch advice

Post by cpt black » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:46 am

Hi Elaine clean the grease off and spray some wd 40 on then put some silicon grease on,
or once you have pulled the bonnet release and bonnet pops up push the release back in
and it will close shut without slamming it
PS
Also check the white clips are still intacted holding the cable

fuerte

Re: bonnet catch advice

Post by fuerte » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:14 am

cpt black wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:46 am
Hi Elaine clean the grease off and spray some wd 40 on then put some silicon grease on,
or once you have pulled the bonnet release and bonnet pops up push the release back in
and it will close shut without slamming it
PS
Also check the white clips are still intacted holding the cable
That is great.I pushed the lever back so it should be ok today and I can do what you say Saturday.
In case they are not obvious where are the white clips.I will try and follow cable to find them.
Thanks for your advice.