Recommended garages, Warwickshire?

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
Tricky_Luck

Recommended garages, Warwickshire?

Post by Tricky_Luck » Sun May 14, 2023 10:22 am

Hi all,

Hopefully I'm OK posting here owning a Mazda MX-6 2.5 v6 1994.

I'd love to know if there are any garages that you trust that know the v6 really well so I know its being looked after.

I don't have any issues bar an oil leak and it needs a service.

Just need it checked over and serviced with decent components and can trust the correct oil etc is being added.

I know any garage worth it's salt would probably be able to handle this but any recommendations in and around Warwickshire is more than half the battle.

Any other help on sourcing parts, like bearings for the top of suspension struts for example, would be great.

Hoping the post is OK, thanks again!

Micron
Site Admin

Re: Recommended garages, Warwickshire?

Post by Micron » Sun May 14, 2023 10:29 am

Hi Richard,
Welcome to UKPOC, we do have a few members that have a Mazda MX-6, rather than a Ford Probe and some have both, so you are in good company.
As for a garage, I think that is a tricky one ( did you see what I did there 😁) as not many garages know these cars at all, but they are not that hard to understand. Someone who is more local maybe able to direct you better to a garage
It sounds like your rocker covers are leaking, which is a common issue.
As for spares parts, a good starting point is RockAuto in the USA, be mindful that you have to pay postage and import duty, so make it worth while and order enough things not just the one or two unless it’s an expensive item.
You can also try EBay.
Admin and Owner of this fine club 😎

Tricky_Luck

Post by Tricky_Luck » Sun May 14, 2023 5:48 pm

Appreciate the welcome and feedback Rockauto sounds interesting, I'll give that a go.

It seems really difficult to find anyone that anyone else can recommend, even on the Mazda forums. I knew it would be tricky when I started out but didn't think it would be that difficult.

I'm happy to travel to get the attention it deserves, but I'm guessing as you mention local, anything you would know is miles away, which probably isn't an issue for you guys as you do all the work yourselves?

Gasket replacement I'm sorely tempted to have a bash at, I mean, how hard can it be 😳

Micron
Site Admin

Post by Micron » Sun May 14, 2023 6:19 pm

If you are ok with a spanner, then it’s not too bad, just time consuming, doing the rear one is the worse because the inlet manifold has to come off, which means a lot more to remove, including the “bitch” bolt down the back of the inlet manifold.
As for the gaskets, you need to use some sealant, most use a black gasket sealant, but I can’t remember what make.
As I say it is time consuming and be prepared to get a few scratches on your hands!

Because we are so spread around the country it is difficult to say about a garage, however @Sunfly aka Bob is near Gloucester, so he may know of somewhere?
Admin and Owner of this fine club 😎

Tricky_Luck

Post by Tricky_Luck » Sun May 14, 2023 7:38 pm

Thanks @Micron appreciated.

Sounds like something for me to run away bravely from 😁