which water pump ?

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
paulinpoole

which water pump ?

Post by paulinpoole » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:53 pm

hi all,been a while since ive been on :)
ive got a rather nasty noise coming from the front of my engine 95 16v 2.0
only happens when its warmed up tho,a loud tapping or clacking sound (not injectors or valve train)
pretty sure its the waterpump,but could be oilpump,its coming from behind the timing belt covers
checked the timing belt covers (rubbing)
changed aux belts,while at it i checked the feel of the pulleys (lumpy grinding etc) felt ok
i am going to get a waterpump in advance then take car to the garage to find out what it is
but need a part number,looking at ebay part number blueprint ADM591162 ADM59116 ADM59129
is any of these the correct number as apparantly all these fit my car according to ebay :roll:
thanks in advance
paul :)

short video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itBggXMD_Jg

mojo98
Tech Rep

Re: which water pump ?

Post by mojo98 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:06 pm

dont believe there is any difference with the 16v water pump (24v are different), when did you last change the cam belt, could be the roller bearings failing? ,
oil pump ? have my doubt, you would see the pressure up/down (ON early models) if a issue with the oil pump,

paulinpoole

Post by paulinpoole » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:06 pm

i had my doubts on the oil pump as never heard of one failing before,and the pressure is fine,so,cheers i can rule that one out.
i did think about the cambelt bearings,but seems a bit weird as i had cambelt kit done 3 years ago and only done 15 thou miles
but i guess its possible,if they didnt fit the whole kit i supplied.
think i will take to the garage first and go from there
thanks again malc

paulinpoole

Post by paulinpoole » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:21 am

ive since been to the garage and they cant be sure till they get the timing belt covers off,so im in the process of getting the parts before i take it back,(timing belt kit/spring (inc bearings(thanks malc) and waterpump but i need the timing belt covers as well,just incase,so ive got all possible parts beforehand,so ive put a post in the wanted section if anyone has a set,or know somewhere to get them.
thanks in advance
paul

edit; ordered them from rockauto