Repent at leisure

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
andy p

Repent at leisure

Post by andy p » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:15 am

The old saying “Act in haste, repent at leisure” came into my life recently.
I made a snap decision to buy another Probe as a project. Having got the car home and given it a good inspection (which I should have done before parting with my money), I found too many problems to make it a viable project. Rather than just tow it to the scrap yard I decided to strip it for parts. It is now a very big pile of bits!
This brings me to my questions.
Q1. Having limited space to store all this stuff, are there any bits that simply aren’t worth keeping e.g., sound proofing, plastic interior trims, heat shield panels, polystyrene bumper infills, plastic petrol tank, fuel lines and brake pipes etc.
Q2. Everything is now off the car leaving a bare shell, is it worth cutting any of the panels off for reuse?
The car is or was a 95 24v in laser red, black leather interior.

Micron
Site Admin

Re: Repent at leisure

Post by Micron » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:58 am

Well there's a question :shock:

As with everything, there will always be plenty of things that are never needed, but what to throw and what to keep, just wait for the various replies and the requests for stuff.

I would wait and see what people ask for, see what you might keep then come back with a list of the bits you can't keep and they may find a new home?

This probably doesn't help much, but it's a start :lol:
Admin and Owner of this fine club 😎