Air Bag warning - flashes 4 then 5

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
colinrush

Re: Air Bag warning - flashes 4 then 5

Post by colinrush » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:38 pm

Well I found the problem. Centre crash sensor wasn’t even bolted to anything. Instead the Paintshop had just tucked it up next to the battery.
Unsure where it should go, I routed the cable so I could mount the sensor on the front centre rail as a temp measure to prove it was the cause. Now the light has gone out. Will work out how to drop the bumper and where it should go as per original placement next week. Happy to have made some progress today.
Also sorted out the side lights which had stopped working since the respray. Still left to do before mot is the side repeater on offside wing not working (again since coming back from paint shop) and a windscreen wash jet pipe seems to have come off (you guessed it…. Since being in the Paintshop.

To be honest - really disappointed with the Paintshop and have agreed it’s going back to sort out many issues with the respray. Just want it through an MOT first.

Thanks to all for your help - I’m sure I will be asking for your help again soon.

Cheerd

cpt black
Tech Rep

Re: Air Bag warning - flashes 4 then 5

Post by cpt black » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:57 pm

as said be down to the spray shop ;)