Air Bag Warning light

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
colinrush

Air Bag Warning light

Post by colinrush » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:19 pm

Hi All,

After having the car in the paintshop for over 6 months, I finally got to bring home my Ford Probe that i picked up in January. Not had much opportunity to go over it. In fact, before today, I'd only driven it once a couple of miles to the MOT centre and back to the paintshop to see what it would fail on. (It failed on rotten sills and broken springs and just got through on emissions). Anyway, i do not recall the Air bag warning light being an issue when i last drove it, but when i picked it up this morning the light is flashing. It flashed 3 times, then pauses, then flashes another 3 times, then pauses and repeats.

Any ideas where the issue could be?

I have read on here this could be down to a loose wire to the passenger air bag. Your thoughts?

Regards

Colin

Micron
Site Admin

Re: Air Bag Warning light

Post by Micron » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:26 pm

Have a read in the Oracle Colin about the codes, but you are correct, a word of warning, disconnect the battery and leave it for a few minutes before you tamper with anything.
Admin and Owner of this fine club 😎

colinrush

Re: Air Bag Warning light

Post by colinrush » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:52 pm

Micron wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:26 pm
Have a read in the Oracle Colin about the codes, but you are correct, a word of warning, disconnect the battery and leave it for a few minutes before you tamper with anything.
Hi,

Yep - i know to disconnect the battery and leave it a while before messing with air bags. Thanks for the reply. Will work my way through the oracle posts.