16v engine needed :/

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
NikkiT

16v engine needed :/

Post by NikkiT » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:06 am

Hi everyone, my head gasket has gone so need a new engine otherwise my poor probe is for scrap :(
Has anyone got a 16v engine for sale please, car in garage with engine dismantled so need asap as garage man wants it out of the way. Any help will be much appreciated. People have always been soooo helpful on here so I have my fingers crossed. Thank you.

Kit
Tech Rep

Re: 16v engine needed :/

Post by Kit » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:39 pm

So, why do you need a new engine, if only the head gasket is leaking :?:

Got a 16v head here, if that’s any good :idea:

Kit

NikkiT

Post by NikkiT » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:49 am

Hi Kit,
Only just seen your message, this site is a nightmare, I kept looking at my notifications at the top but it didn't show anything so didn't think I had any replies...
Thanks but need a new engine because the cylinder bores are damaged and pistons are rubbing on the sides... that's from my garage man as I asked the same question.
I have had to have it towed home now so I've thrown the towel in, I can't throw any more money into this car, I'm absolutely gutted and have been crying for days actually.. especially as Kev had been doing it up for me, bloody love that car, been with me half my life.
It will reluctantly be put on Ebay soon for someone to buy for parts or do up.
Thanks for your help with things,
Nikki

Slick

Post by Slick » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:10 pm

Nikki you are probably in the best place in the UK in my opinion, Kev, Kit, and Trev all ‘close’
If Duncan has head then wouldn’t need to do a complete engine swap…
Odd tho, these cars were never known for head gasket failure, whether 16 or 24 but seen a few lately :(

Kit
Tech Rep

Post by Kit » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:27 pm

Got a low mileage engine block, that’s been sitting in the garden for a few years, ( has been well covered up).
It’s going a new set of ring in it.
But would recommend, taking the head off to check it’s OK.
Available if anyone wants to take on this Project.
I would like to, but don’t have a work shop to carry out the work, this time of year
This is a late car, so you would have to use the same IM & Electical loom

Kit