Soaked head lining….help!

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
Mondeo55

Re: Soaked head lining….help!

Post by Mondeo55 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:16 pm

Second update…

The wiring and washer tubing grommets are deffo letting in water, the water is travelling down the wiring and tube and running off the headlining to the front of the car! About 75% certain having gone for another look. With water being deflected away with the hatch tape, hopefully that’ll stop the flow of water into the headlining. 🤞🏻

Mondeo55

Re: Soaked head lining….help!

Post by Mondeo55 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:03 pm

Well the water tracking in from the rear was only part of the problem. Checked on the car today to find that the front left & right side of the headlining was soaked again so I dropped it away along the edges and found it was wettest along the door seals.

Big old dehumidifier and fan heater put to task again whilst I scrabbled looking for the source between heavy down pours.

Given the sunroof and hatch is now isolated and water tight I think the water is tracking under the guttering and into the rubber where the headlining is tucked away, the headlining then absorbs the water which is why it’s wettest around the edge. That leads me to believe the seal/guttering is a one piece part that needed to be sealed/bonded back on following the paint job to stop water running under it.

It’s all tapped up to stop water getting in there for tonight and the car is now tinder dry so I’ll soon find out if I’m on the right tracks 🤞🏻