Iac valve faulty?

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
Sunfly

Re: Iac valve faulty?

Post by Sunfly » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:17 pm

mojo98 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:13 pm
Can you blow through the big branch on top of your IAC

The ones I get are from mazda, and not cheap, and had to be ordered in, I do I a stock of them

Are you sitting down

£22 each,

I will try and get a better picture of mine
In my navy days we made such thin gaskets with chart paper (which from memory was 0.004" thou thick when compressed), in the highly likely event that we didn't have the real thing, and it worked very well too. You could cut it out in the conventional way, or more likely lay it over the casting and tap round the edges with a soft mallet. That would cut the paper for you without damage to the casting, holes and all. Some huge machinery such as high volume and pressure pumps were gasketed in that way. We'd use either oil, grease or gasket sealant as appropriate during assembly. Chart paper being no longer at my disposal, I would go to Hobbycraft and buy some watercolour paper instead, but with a joint of this nature there is no need to replace old gaskets.

brookie66J

Post by brookie66J » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:34 pm

You can buy gasket paper, usually the local parts shops are the best places to get it in for you.

Sunfly

Post by Sunfly » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:34 pm

brookie66J wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:34 pm
You can buy gasket paper, usually the local parts shops are the best places to get it in for you.
You certainly can - we used to get it from Beldams or Walkers along with all the serious jointing and seals, but chart paper worked so well on the thin stuff, no one ever bothered.