Alarm keeps going off.. Disable?

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
NikkiT

Alarm keeps going off.. Disable?

Post by NikkiT » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:55 am

Help please.. over the last week my alarm has started randomly going off.. up to 5 times a day, any advice on how to disable alarm/horn. Thanks.

Forbs

Re: Alarm keeps going off.. Disable?

Post by Forbs » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:23 am

Check the alarm sensor under the bonnet, give the connector a clean

Kit
Tech Rep

Post by Kit » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:27 am

Here’s your answer
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=483

Kit

Micron
Site Admin

Post by Micron » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:23 pm

Kit wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:27 am
Here’s your answer
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=483

Kit
not that you will be able to see it, because that post if for full members only, plus the picture is missing!

Look under the bonnet catch, find a cable connector, disconnect that plug.
Admin and Owner of this fine club 😎

mojo98
Tech Rep

Post by mojo98 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:07 pm

Get yourself a full membership it will allow you to see more of the site (oracle etc)
It only cost £10 per year, and it's well worth it, 👍

Philippe

Post by Philippe » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:53 pm

Hi, I had the same problem you did, my symptoms were alarm going off randomly, usually during and after bad weather, i.e. raining, windy or foggy or very hot weather with condensation, the moisture resulted in the alarm going off and the auto lock going up and down trying to lock or unlock the car on its own. Also it drained the battery.

What are your symptoms?

I traced the problem to the anti theft sensor located in the driver's side door which was used frequently. It was dirty and had oil deposits (WD40) also the leaf in the key barrel was missing, which trapped moisture in the door.

I removed the sensor and cleaned it and also put a new leaf in the key barrel and she seems fine now. I haven't heard a peep since.

Philippe

Post by Philippe » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:24 pm

If you want to diagnose and disable the alarm sensor, you can disconnect the harness in the door, the sensor is located behind the panel marked in red/yellow.

There are 6 screws marked with yellow star and 7 pop ups marked in red
Mirror cover in the top left side (shaped like a triangle) has to be removed with a prising tool
When you pull the panel towards you, lift the panel 2 inch up then towards you.
Disconnect the door handle rod and the 2 electrical connectors which are clipped on.
With the door panel off, locate the anti theft sensor and harness connection (see picture)

If you just want to disarm the alarm sensor and diagnose if it is the sensor thats causing the problem before cleaning and/or replacing it, you can just disconnect the harness, pointed out in the following picture

If this is the problem, then you need to disconnect the sensor and clean it. If you need any additional help with that, let me know and I'll put instructions on how to fix it.