Brake Pipe Clips

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
MikeyG

Brake Pipe Clips

Post by MikeyG » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:56 pm

Hey guys,

Bit of a long shot, anyone know where I can get original brake pipe clips/similar ones? Renewed the two rear pipes and cracked two of the clips in the process.

Thanks.

Kit
Tech Rep

Re: Brake Pipe Clips

Post by Kit » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:05 am

Got some second hand ones here :idea:

Drop us you address, & I’ll post them out

Kit

Kit
Tech Rep

Post by Kit » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:09 am

Just checking, are these what’s you need :?:

Kit

MikeyG

Post by MikeyG » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:20 pm

ah no sorry, its the actual plastic clips running along the bottom of the car - Got really excited because I thought it was a long shot! (I bought new hose clips here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Hose-C ... 2749.l2649)

I was going to take the last surviving one to a 3d printer place and see if they would print some... Do you think they'll just laugh at me?

Thanks,

Sunfly

Post by Sunfly » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:29 pm

MikeyG wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:20 pm
ah no sorry, its the actual plastic clips running along the bottom of the car - Got really excited because I thought it was a long shot! (I bought new hose clips here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Hose-C ... 2749.l2649)

I was going to take the last surviving one to a 3d printer place and see if they would print some... Do you think they'll just laugh at me?

Thanks,
They wont laugh at you if you've got money in your pocket. Business is business, but they wont do it for nothing either, so unless you are thinking of buying a lot of them, you're going to get a bill. The first thing on the bill will be design time. Expect about £75ph for that. Expect about 2 hours work to measure and back engineer the design from your sample, then convert to an appropriate machine code for production. Then you've got the item weight, material and quantity making up the rest of the cost. The cost of materials is miniscule in comparison with the time as these machines are still a relatively slow process. Expect between £100 and £200 for a one off to a very small batch of very small parts. Thereafter, its a fairly reasonable process.

Exactly what part are you interested in and maybe I can help with the design element if its something that would benefit the club if bought in a small volume. Look at the IPFL website.

Sunfly

Post by Sunfly » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:03 pm

I forgot to mention that I'd do the design for you for free if it is a useful part and there is any general interest in it from the club.

Do you have a picture cus I can't think what it might be.

MikeyG

Post by MikeyG » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:49 am

Hi Sunfly sorry for the late response,

It's the clips underneath the car holding the brake pipes/fuel pipes on. I would use generic other 9nes but I couldn't seem to find any.

My friend made a 3d model of the clip, and has offered to print it at uni, but itll take bloody ages now were in lockdown 3.0.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210110-004643_Messenger.jpg

Sunfly

Post by Sunfly » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:22 am

can you send me the file in its native format and what is its native format?