Vinyl wrap

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
el plates

Re: Vinyl wrap

Post by el plates » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:02 am

£1500 sounds about right for a full wrap.

looked into this a while back....

cheaper than a repaint, but doesn't last so long.

would love to see a before and after, if it gets done.....

i have seen a car wrapped badly, and it wasnt pretty,

so important to see some previous work if possible.

:)

Dakota

Post by Dakota » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:40 am

el plates wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:02 am
£1500 sounds about right for a full wrap.

looked into this a while back....

cheaper than a repaint, but doesn't last so long.

would love to see a before and after, if it gets done.....

i have seen a car wrapped badly, and it wasnt pretty,

so important to see some previous work if possible.

:)
At £1500 doubtful it would get done . Rather supply paint and find a street artist . A show car it's not and not intended to make it into one , been there done that . going to shows and hill climb meets yes .plus what I have in mind definitely won't be to anyones taste other than my crazy mind 😀🤣

el plates

Post by el plates » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:15 am

lol, thats no problem,

i like to be different myself and like to personalise.

all the best with whatever you get to do.

lets have some pictures up when you have done....

all the best

Dakota

Post by Dakota » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:22 am

el plates wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:15 am
lol, thats no problem,

i like to be different myself and like to personalise.

all the best with whatever you get to do.

lets have some pictures up when you have done....

all the best
Definitely will get some pictures up if it happens I'm still in the planning stage and got lots more to do on the mechanical side first .

Sunfly

Post by Sunfly » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:38 am

Sounds like you've come up with a great scheme for devaluing your car. However, it is your car!

But personally I'd pass your ad by, if I was looking. They are 23 to 26 years old now and leaving the 'boy racer' phase for the collectable classic phase. It's very much your decision...!

Dakota

Post by Dakota » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:51 pm

Sunfly wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:38 am
Sounds like you've come up with a great scheme for devaluing your car. However, it is your car!

But personally I'd pass your ad by, if I was looking. They are 23 to 26 years old now and leaving the 'boy racer' phase for the collectable classic phase. It's very much your decision...!
Nothing to do with boy racing (your as old as you feel) and it's not for sale either and a collectable classic phase you show me where . I get respect of plenty of other Mazda owners mainly mx5s for ownership am I'm pretty certain certain the only mx6 in Coventry . The youth wondering what's that it's all about being individual my friend and standing out in the crowd .if you knew me you would understand and know why .
Dakota 😘x

Sunfly

Post by Sunfly » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:43 pm

Dakota wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:51 pm
Sunfly wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:38 am

Nothing to do with boy racing (your as old as you feel) and it's not for sale either and a collectable classic phase you show me where . I get respect of plenty of other Mazda owners mainly mx5s for ownership am I'm pretty certain certain the only mx6 in Coventry . The youth wondering what's that it's all about being individual my friend and standing out in the crowd .if you knew me you would understand and know why .
Dakota 😘x
Hi Dakota.
Like I said,... it is your car, you do as you please but just before the lockdown I witnessed a bog standard 16v go under the Leominster hammer for a total of nearly £7000 with buyers premium after some fierce bidding between about 4 punters. (I went there with £3000 in my pocket).
Yes it was very low mileage but that was only part of its value. Importantly it was original in every way and in excellent condition if you were prepared to ignore some minor cosmetic faults and bypassed airbag, seatbelts, abs etc. Would it have reached that if it had non standard finish, lowering springs, muffler et al'. I very much doubt it and that's the point I'm making.
I'm not saying anything that everyone doesn't already know - all classics fetch more if they are original. I've never been to a concours de elegance but isn't that what the scoring is all about?

Like I said, it's your car to do with as you please but I just thought I'd make the point about market value and in a general way really because for all I know the wrapping may come off without harming the car. Whichever route you take it looks as though you value the car and want to save it, so that's maybe the most important factor these days.

Incognito

Post by Incognito » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:12 pm

I'm on the fence but personally if I had £1500 to wrap a car I'd probably wait and save up another £1000 and have it resprayed , however many Probes would outweigh this i know. My bonnent is burnt due to me fitting a bra that was meant to protect the paint but directly damaged the paint. The cost to wrap the bonnet is massively lower than respraying properly.

Dakota

Post by Dakota » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:23 pm

Incognito wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:12 pm
I'm on the fence but personally if I had £1500 to wrap a car I'd probably wait and save up another £1000 and have it resprayed , however many Probes would outweigh this i know. My bonnent is burnt due to me fitting a bra that was meant to protect the paint but directly damaged the paint. The cost to wrap the bonnet is massively lower than respraying properly.
Hence the wrap idea but as I'm not interested in polishing and a second car that only comes out on sunny show days I've been there won competitions wore the t-shirt . Them days have long gone I'm alternative so the car has to be that's why I bought a mx6 over a mx5 .
Old time view's have spoilt the enjoyment of car shows. on a whole my personal tastes are modded and
improved and would rather see it rag up a hill on speed
hill climbs circuits for my tenner on a Sunday .
It's person choice if the car lives on better than before I'm all for mods why we can still get away with it and driven underground by red tape. Show the younger generation more mods for there parents money and getting future generations in to classics and again I'm all for it .

el plates

Post by el plates » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:23 pm

any more info on the 7K car?
would love to know more about it.

The standard vs modified question will go on and on.....

I do like modified / personalised, but obviously standard is the gold standard.

However, both are equally important.

if you can retain good examples of both then it keeps the car alive in more age groups and its always important to do that.

I have a Blue which is being returned to standard.

I have a red scrapper with destroyed cills,
this is now a project car and is undergoing major modification,
the only cabriolet in the country to my knowledge.
work ongoing, but if i can it back on the road then what does the mods matter.....

And lastly a current red, modified with lacquer peel in need of some TLC

so there is no wrong or right,

Just keep them on the road..........

All the best to one and all,
If we were all the same it would be boring...

lol lol lol