Temic immobiliser help

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
jrh

Re: Temic immobiliser help

Post by jrh » Sat May 30, 2020 1:48 pm

Now it sounds like the 'handshake' between Temic and ECU isn't working like it should.
Someone may know the procedure for resetting the Temic/ECU link.

Budz59

Post by Budz59 » Sun May 31, 2020 8:03 am

Thanks jrh , does anyone know this procedure ? or anywhere that I can find out ?

Budz59

Post by Budz59 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:50 pm

So I still haven’t got my car back , she is still not running , please can anyone advise on resetting the Temic / Ecu link , could the chip in the Key cause problems ?

mojo98
Tech Rep

Post by mojo98 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:45 am

Budz59 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:58 pm
Update , car has started and ran but then cuts out , auto electrician still thinking it’s pointing to immobiliser issue , is there anywhere it can be sent to for testing ?
One of my probes had a similar problem, would start up, run for a few seconds then cut out, the problem was the chip in the key had lost it code, my original key had snapped, I went the timpson's and got them to recode the key by copying the original snapped key,
Sorted, so then got them the cut and chip a spare key
Ps that was on a temic system

spike1969

Post by spike1969 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:40 pm

This happened to mine. The temic was fried from using jump leads too often :-(. The car would start, and run for a few seconds then stop.

I ended up getting mine fixed by removing the temic immobiliser. I had to send the ECU off to be chipped (basically it has a chip added to the ECU which emulates a working temic) and this then enabled mine to start and run fine.

I may have some technica documents somewhere on the temic if that would be of use. I can try and dig them out.

Can't find my original post - was a while ago and on another probe site but I have found a copy of my old post that someone has posted on another site :-

http://autodijagnostika.biz/carforum/sh ... r-!!!-HELP

humph

Post by humph » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:13 pm

Just a pointer for anyone else having problems with a temic immobiliser, the car will start, it only checks for the chip once it is running, if it doesn’t detect the chip, the engine shuts down and the immobiliser light comes on.

In an ideal world, if you lose your keys, it is possible to reprogram new keys, I have done it once and it took multiple attempts and about four hours. The problem is Ford, you need a code from them and they can’t be bothered to help. I think they charged £50, but they have probably destroyed the records.

cpt black
Tech Rep

Post by cpt black » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:45 am

Have you tried the snapped key chip taped to the ignition barrel and use the new key :?:
Car will start up for 30 something seconds then stall if key /chip is Knackerd if so the key
is not chipped right or ECU IS fried as said already send it of to have it emulated or you
need a new/ second hand temic system

Dave v6

Post by Dave v6 » Mon May 17, 2021 2:34 pm

hi did you manage to get your immobiliser sorted Autotronic in Leicester sorted mine...
had just a metal key no chip they cut a chipped key to match my immobiliser