Remote locking - missing wire (!)

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
Boysen IV

Re: Remote locking - missing wire (!)

Post by Boysen IV » Fri May 01, 2020 8:42 pm

The good news is that we found the wire and the car locks and unlocks remotely :D

The bad news is that when it is unlocked remotely, the (factory) car alarm goes off immediately and has to be silenced by turning the key in the door to the unlock position, which rather defeats the point of the remote unlock.

I've was told earlier (in a PM) that I should disconnect the bonnet sensor otherwise the alarm will go off when I open the door. In this case, the alarm is going off before I open the door.

Is it still worth trying to disconnect the bonnet sensor?

Is there another wire to the alarm that we could tap into to disarm it? Perhaps I'd better look at the circuit diagrams ... :(

Thanks,

Jon G 24V
Tech Rep

Post by Jon G 24V » Thu May 07, 2020 9:32 pm

Solution is when the Ford Alarm is dis-armed open the bonnet and disconnect the bonnet switch.
Car thinks the bonnet is always up and the Ford Alarm never sets again.
If you want an Alarm then you can have this as part of the Kit you buy for the Remote Locking.

Haulin

Post by Haulin » Thu May 14, 2020 2:57 pm

There is a guide to keep the stock alarm working with aftermarket remote locking, installing just one relay. I don't know if this works like it should, haven't had any time to test it yet. It is in french, but google translate works fine.

http://www.wiki-ford-probe.com/index.ph ... _probe_16V

Haulin

Post by Haulin » Mon May 18, 2020 10:46 am

Finally did the relay mod, the stock alarm indeed works. Relay is simulating the key in door lock "unlock motion". I recommend doing this. Sorry for double post, wanted to make sure that interested people see this.

Boysen IV

Post by Boysen IV » Sun May 24, 2020 3:58 pm

Thanks to both the above replies.

In the short term, I will take Jon's advice but when I have a moment, I will fit a relay so it all works properly. Knowing insurance companies, disabling the alarm will void the insurance!

Thanks, Peter

Boysen IV

Post by Boysen IV » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:56 pm

Thanks for the advice on this issue. All is now working as it should.

I understand Jon's advice and I know that works because I leave the bonnet open when I have the charger connected. I decided though that I would rather leave the alarm working as I don't want any chance of insurance issues if the alarm is effectively disabled.

I looked up the article in the Probe wiki that Haulin suggested. Using this in conjunction with the circuit diagrams, I managed to work out that the alarm would be correctly de-activated if the yellow/red wire is earthed when the car is unlocked. The article suggested that a relay was put inside the door but I preferred to put it in the car. I found the yellow/red wire in the loom in exactly the same place as the green/black wire used to lock and unlock the car.

I tested the fix by setting the alarm off and earthing the wire and it did the trick. I then installed an old Probe relay so that the yellow/red wire was earthed when the CL module unlocked the car. All is good :D

Thanks again