Sunroof leaking

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
Meadlo

Re: Sunroof leaking

Post by Meadlo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:53 am

Hopefully these pics help. They are tricky to find.

jrh

Post by jrh » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:31 am

It is almost certainly blocked by all tiny flakes of rust falling into the drain channel.
If you can, find the end of the tube under the wing covers and blow the line clear backwards.
Fully open the sunroof,make sure you have your vacuum cleaner ready (two people) to suck all the bits up !
You won't win any prizes if you let those rust flakes get on someones skirt/blouse/trousers.

notoriousgoz

Post by notoriousgoz » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:54 pm

Kit wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:47 am
notoriousgoz wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:09 am
Cannot seem to locate these drain tubes , any pics anyone? Thanks
The best way is to remove the ‘A’ pillar plastic cover, this will revive the tube. Take the sun visors off, this will give you access in behind the roof lining. The tube runs up to the corner of the tray, where it’s a push fit on to the outlet.
On one car, I found the clips holding the tube in place, was ‘pushed’ too tight on to tube, blocking it ! - it must of come out the factory like that!!
Take the tube off, blow through the tube or pole a wire down to clear any blockage, the flush through with water

Kit
Cheers for that Kit , I’ve done that and found the pipe from that approach, I’ve pulled the hose off and tried blowing down it but noticed it is kinked where it goes behind the corner of the dashboard, so I’ve put a wire down the hose but it won’t budge past the kink and there is so little room to manoeuvre , my days of crawling under a car are well gone so I’m open to any suggestions as to what to do ..

jrh

Post by jrh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:09 am

Not any crawling required to peel back the under-wing cover , you will see the pipe poking out of the 'bodywork'.
The pipe will take 40psi compressed air ok.