Front fog lights issue

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
dexterartois

Front fog lights issue

Post by dexterartois » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:55 pm

Hi there, i'm new to the forum and apologies if my issue has been discussed before.. but i have a MOT due for my ford probe in a few days and im concerned about my front fogs.

So i purchased my 1994 ford probe 2.0 16v about a month ago now, and amongst alot of other things, the lights below the side lights (i can only presume are fog lights) were completely rotten. The silver reflective housing had completed rotted away along with the bulbs and the wiring inside was nasty. Long story short i managed to purchase some new lights alongside some new bulbs and everything has all been wired up and are working.

However. Firstly there doesn't appear to be a front fog lights button anywhere? and secondly the fogs only turn on when i put my high beams on, or flash my high beams (pass signal) I do have the rear fog light button which works fine and turns on and off when pressed whilst the dipped lights on are on, but as mentioned the fronts only turn on once i flick the stick forward for the full beams to come on.

I'm not sure if this is correct or not and also if it is a MOT failure.

Any help is greatly appreciated and sorry for the long winded topic. Many thanks!

Jon G 24V
Tech Rep

Re: Front fog lights issue

Post by Jon G 24V » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:00 pm

No need to worry as these are driving lights not fog lights and they should only come on with main beam, so all good 😎😎

dexterartois

Re: Front fog lights issue

Post by dexterartois » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:13 pm

Ah ok fantastic.. i was getting concerned there was a wiring issue somewhere. Much appreciated for the speedy response!