Problem solving what next

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
fuerte

Problem solving what next

Post by fuerte » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:09 pm

Took car to garage to have thermostat and temp sensor and sender replaced but it lost a little water.
Thought usual air lock.filled properly but noticed rad caps which were original wrong way round so checked and swapped over.
Problem is I use car so little.
So next i discover car still losing water and as I needed car urgently popped in to new garage who said looked like water leaking back rad cap but that was probably me not using funnel so they put on one of my spare pressure caps.Discovered cam belt cover rubbing so water loss not taken any further.
Did 45 mins journey today and back 45 mins.parked car up and then backed up a bit and noticed two spots of water expansion tank side so suggests not water pump?
Car cooled down and again lost coolant to base of expansin tank?not checked rear as that cap was still hot.
So what next.could the front original pressure cap have been damaged by putting on the rear.
Or do Inplay juggle caps and put originals back on and try and figure which is faulty by process of elimination as ne cap may be a dud.
By the way visual inspection all look ok to me no signs of wear.

No panic as water loss so far not much and can live without car except for one day end of month so time to get it sorted.
Just want to problem solve as trust neither garage so what next.

fuerte

Re: Problem solving what next

Post by fuerte » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:17 pm

Alternatively anyone within hour to hour and a half hours away who can look at it orvcan test rad caps that i can pop over to within couple of weeks.will bring poison of your choice and hopefully friendly gsd and donation to club funds maybe to help retrieve lost info.