Clutch biting point getting lower

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
lee24v

Clutch biting point getting lower

Post by lee24v » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:25 am

Hello. Well as per the title, i am almost certain that my clutch biting point is getting lower. There is no fluid loss whatsoever and no visible leaks anywhere around the slave or master cylinders. i have changed the fluid with new just to be sure there is no air in the system.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated please ?

mikenali

Re: Clutch biting point getting lower

Post by mikenali » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:52 am

There's a little bar that fits to the clutch pedal. This presses into the back of the master cylinder. There's a lock nut on it to stop it moving.
It's possible the lock nut has come loose, and the bar is moving. Or maybe just needs adjusting to compensate for clutch wear.

It's a tight fit to get into it, but you just turn the bar with your hands. It's threaded at one end, which provides the adjustment.

Kit
Tech Rep

Post by Kit » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:30 pm

Sorry to say, you may be looking at a clutch change :(

It's not too bad to do, (I've done 4 now, Ok there were 16v's, 24V the same).

If you know what your doing, & got a couple of willing helper's you can do it in a day.

By yourself, allow 2

Kit

lee24v

Post by lee24v » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:26 am

Thanks for the replies, i will check that locknut, didnt know about that. I dont think its a worn clutch issue Kit as the biting point is getting lower, as in you have to press pedal all the way dow to disengage the clutch.

Thanks. Lee.

lee24v

Post by lee24v » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:22 pm

Just thought i would report back, it turned or to be the nut on the pedal that was loose 👍