Mot advisories updated

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
fuerte

Re: Mot advisorirs

Post by fuerte » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:39 pm

jrh wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:51 am
If you can, wait awhile until you can get a trusted verdict on what 'really' needs doing on that list.
'We' would hate to see you buy something that cannot be used .
Just to expand on that 'gauze', it is a vital item to protect the 'bellows' section underneath it from road abrasion AND prevents the bellows from
stretching too far lengthways.
I will.He is a good mechanic but I couldnt understand on the phone.With all the advice you have given I know what to ask tommorow and he will show me and has already said dont do them yet.
I think he was more p.....d off with the tester than me and couldnt understand why the advisories were even on there.
Top tip don't have an MOT test on a friday especially not a week before the bank hols.Did they used to call cars Friday afternoon lemons or something?
I am ok now with the car so don't all worry it was just a bad day to get an anal tester.On the car not on me or the dog!!!!

fuerte

Re: Mot advisories updated

Post by fuerte » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:37 pm

Picked the car up and saw it on the ramp.
I had decided to get a new front exhaust to be put on next year.The mechanic advised me to keep the old for possible spare in the future.
But when I got home the ebay guy with one like in the picture above says it wont fit my car.I rang the exhaust place and they say discontinued for both Mazda and Ford.
Does anyone have a link for the correct one.Mine is !996 24v.Late.
Good news brakes I can look at next year and can be sorted if necessary.
Headlights fixed.Connector to bulb burnt out so both connectors replaced.
A bolt has sheared off the heat cover to the side of central exhaust so I need that repaired at some point.
So all I need for now if possible is a link to where I can get my front exhaust for my peace of mind.I thought I had a plan.
Anyway evidently the mechanic said one MOT tester objected once to air freshener dangling from a mirror.

jrh

Post by jrh » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:35 pm

Cpt will confirm this because I may be wrong BUT I think there are only two types of front exhaust pipes for the 24v.
The Pre-cat type ( early cars) or, Non Pre-cat type ( later cars).
The Pre-cat type have a shorter up-pipes AND different flanges, true ,they are no longer available.
Also, the Pre-cat type do NOT have the Oxygen sensors tapped into them.
All is not lost if you have the Pre-Cat type because the flanges CAN be transposed/welded onto the longer exhaust manifold which is , still
available.

Kit
Tech Rep

Post by Kit » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:55 pm

jrh wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:35 pm
Cpt will confirm this because I may be wrong BUT I think there are only two types of front exhaust pipes for the 24v.
The Pre-cat type have a shorter up-pipes AND different flanges, true ,they are no longer available.
All is not lost if you have the Pre-Cat type because the flanges CAN be transposed/welded onto the longer exhaust manifold which is , still
available.
Correct ;)

Kit

fuerte

Post by fuerte » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:00 pm

jrh wrote:
available.
I asked the garage before I collected it and he said I dont have a pre cat.Mine is late.1996.
I rang an online supplier that was recommended by the exhaust place and although it showed a picture like above they said it was no longer in production and their system double checked for like cars like mazda.
That was what the ebay guy said too no longer in production.
When I saw it on the ramp I was focusing on the flexi pipe and rest of the car so I didnt get a good look at front exhaust I just thought easy to get?
I decided not to repair as the flexi pipe had two rings floating around either side having a party.
Its not panic stations but I just want to order the part so it can be sat in my garage ready for when I can get it fitted just so I can put it behind me.
Anyway I am being impatient I know but unless I have a plan it stays in my head until my head explodes like a melon hit by a high calibre rifle metaphorically speaking.lol
You are right cpt will know.
Take care too.

fuerte

Post by fuerte » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:01 pm

Kit wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:55 pm
jrh wrote:
available.
Correct ;)

Kit
Great so then which haystack do I find it under????he he ha ha

cpt black
Tech Rep

Post by cpt black » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:40 pm

Hi Elaine
I have a new one in my garage but at work at
present so will pm you the supplier and item
code tomorrow morning
Kev

fuerte

Post by fuerte » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:52 pm

cpt black wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:40 pm
Hi Elaine
I have a new one in my garage but at work at
present so will pm you the supplier and item
code tomorrow morning
Kev
Great.Knew you would know.It doesnt have to be tommorow just when you can.Sorry about the massive pm.I think some suppliers just dont have the correct compatability info.
Enjoy when you get off work.
I am finally chilling as tonight I am going to be continuing The Blacklist one of my favourite boxsets.
Cheers Kev

cpt black
Tech Rep

Post by cpt black » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:43 am

pm,d you Elaine

fuerte

Post by fuerte » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:15 am

Thanks Kev got it.
I fiind it hard to make a comment in a few words.Yet on thevphone I get to the point.Hey ho got there.
Thanks Kev and everyone.