Dog observations at probe fest

For all members to chat about anything, no swearing.
fuerte
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: probe24v1996

Dog observations at probe fest

Post by fuerte » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:22 pm

So bear with me I am off again but I value insight from you guys.I was worried about how zeida would be at the fest.And she surprised me as she is normally so independant but at the fest I felt she didnt want to leave my side.Her recall is bad so i didnt let her off the lead at the fest.
It is good to get opinons off people looking in that you will never see yourself.
So if anyone has a comment on how you think she would be if we camped I would welcome your opinion.I was worried she would run off but after saturday i am inclined to think because the enviroment is different she would stick to me like glue to protect me and also because she is anxious too so would want my reassurance.
What have ypu lot done to me. i dont plan ever but already planning for next years fest in a positive not anxious way.lol

Incognito
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: 24V ECR

Re: Dog observations at probe fest

Post by Incognito » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:40 pm

She looks a very steady loyal dog, chilled out amongst unfamiliar people and other dogs. We(everyone) can't let our dogs off the leads at Trentfield itself, but just out of the grounds and right towards the towers you can. I let Fin(my black lab) gallop about this morning out there. I don't know if Zeida would be ok sleeping in a tent, only you know that. We house ours in the truck overnight, lots of space and technically they are still on guard duty.
............................................Paul...........................................

fuerte
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: probe24v1996

Re: Dog observations at probe fest

Post by fuerte » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:57 pm

Incognito wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:40 pm
She looks a very steady loyal dog, chilled out amongst unfamiliar people and other dogs. We(everyone) can't let our dogs off the leads at Trentfield itself, but just out of the grounds and right towards the towers you can. I let Fin(my black lab) gallop about this morning out there. I don't know if Zeida would be ok sleeping in a tent, only you know that. We house ours in the truck overnight, lots of space and technically they are still on guard duty.
Appreciate the insight.didnt know dogs not allowed off lead.i understand totally why but they say gsds better off lead than on which is my experience.zeida is a very anxious dog so she must have picked up on all you guys chill out vibes to appear otherwise.the tent thing.solution is to try out in my garden first.she is amazing at adapting to change as we have moved so much so i guess making her familiar with a tent will be a good option.thanks for your comments feeling very positive about finding solutions for a change.
Good to meet you and Dawn