Ford Probestore.....

For all members to chat about anything, no swearing.
Slick
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: Ginger 24v

Ford Probestore.....

Post by Slick » Sun May 27, 2018 11:01 am

Once again it seems people are still being ripped off and lied to by the store 🙄
So, as a reminder........

Mark Colgan trading as Ford Probestore is a crook and a rip off merchant!
He is also trying to trade as moonroof.com on Facebook!

I can’t believe some of the people on here that have liked and follow his pages on social media, knowing full well that he ripped off club funds here for years, has consistently on a long term basis been unreliable with the supply of goods, and then consequently failing to give refunds!!

The same tired old lies and excuses are churned out tine after time, postal loss, courier loss, damaged returns, emails in junk folders, etc etc, and he relies on a false portrayal that he’s only in it for the love of the cars!

After doing a disappearing act from his Exeter base, he set up in his father in laws garage, and actually went onto a number of Forums and clubs pretending to be someone else, who had ‘taken over’ the Store!!

Thus is not ‘rotten eggs’, nor is it a personal attack - it is based on fact, pure and simple!

In the last few years, giving him the benefit of the doubt (mistakenly!!) I’ve had the same excuses and bullshit, when even a basic brake kit and service kit couldn’t be supplied!!

No doubt many others on here have found the same, and in his heyday he was ripping off members for 500/700+ orders!

Just thought a reminder might be worth mentioning, especially as there are a few new sign ups recently, and already it seems like one of those have used the Store!!

Have listed in the Bar, so available for all to see, and hopefully more members will comment with their personal ‘experiences’ too to serve as a Warning!!

Some links added from elsewhere, more out there to be added!!

https://www.signal-arnaques.com/en/scam/view/83609

https://forums.probetalk.com/showthread ... 1701316867

http://www.club323f.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=51365
'Truth, like oil, will come to the surface at last'

fuerte
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: probe24v1996

Re: Ford Probestore.....

Post by fuerte » Sun May 27, 2018 4:43 pm

Totally agree.good parts but stress not worth it.Its the lies that get me.I stupidly ordered coolant off him he said post wouldnt accept liquids so said send me wipers instead.he then sent them to wrong address.this took a month and it that month my mom got cancer and died in 2 weeks before i got the wipers.had the hassle of going to my house an hour away while mom ill to pick up wipers 2 and a half years later still not used.pretty much every time was something.never buy off anyone who does not accept paypal or mastercard etc.if he can get the parts they are out there somewhere so just dont go there.

gav0067
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: Probe 24v

Post by gav0067 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:20 pm

Don’t bother with him, I am one of the the few that after a long wrangled battle (solicitor involvement) that did get a refund and possibly the best excuse I’ve ever heard. Poly bush upgrade kit no show. His excuse “they’re ordered from Australia and they’ve been held up waiting for an iso container to be filled before it is loaded on a ship”. Absolute cods wallop. Air freight would’ve been cheaper for such an item.
Give him an absolute wide birth and rag him on any media outlet he tries to use.
Not personal just good business sense let’s put an end to this plague
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people......
I'm just saying let's remove the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out!

Incognito
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: 24V ECR

Post by Incognito » Sun May 27, 2018 7:27 pm

Some things work, others don't. I spent a few quid with him lately on rad caps and HLA treatment, but had to use my credit card as paypal wasn't an option, which i didn't like. I did get the items . However, only about £20. I would not be ordering expensive items, i order those from Ebay.
............................................Paul...........................................

Slick
UKPOC Full Member

Post by Slick » Sun May 27, 2018 9:56 pm

Tbh Paul I’m surprised anyone on here uses him for anything!!
To suggest he ‘may’ be good for some stuff isn’t good enough!!

And the fact certain payment methods, ie those more easily reversed when you realise you’ve been duped, are no longer accepted speaks for itself!!
We all know why that is in reality, it means he has a better chance of keeping hold of the ££ he’s conned people out of!!

Moonroof thing on Facebook another joke! Can’t sell leftovers on store, so tries to ‘rebrand’ himself again to get rid, offering a fake ‘like & share’ promo for a freebie that never happened!!

Sunfly
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: 24V Probe 1997 GTS

Post by Sunfly » Sun May 27, 2018 11:57 pm

Don't bother with a solicitor if you get into difficulty with a supplier not fulfilling their obligations. Apply directly to the Small Claims court which is where the solicitor would ultimately take your case (if under £5000) anyway. It will cost you £60 which the supplier will have to pay if found at fault.

The court is online, not physical, so its all done by email. I have used the service several times and it works every time. If the other party are in the wrong and don't put it right, then they will be ordered to recompense you or get a automatic CCJ for their troubles. No business wants that, as that's your credit score down to zero overnight.

Its not often I don't get paid - most people are very honest, but on the odd occasion someone tries it on, I'm onto those nice helpful people at the Small Claims Court and no solicitors fees. The whole process takes about three months and all you will need is proof in the form of receipts for monies paid. One thing I like about them is that they don't give a bugger about shipping container delays, courier woes, mislaid post, volcanic eruptions, gay rights marches, parts swallowed by the family pet or any of that old mother Hubbard; they just order whoever, to give you your money back pronto - plus expenses!

If I can help anyone out with the fine detail just pm me.

fuerte
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: probe24v1996

Post by fuerte » Mon May 28, 2018 1:02 am

Also trading standards works wonders and very simple.
I wouldnt mind your help on making a complaint to legal ombudsman and sra re issues wirh execuctors on my moms estate i have an inch and a half ofv paperwork going back 2 and a half years.stress wise i should let it go but morally they shouldnt get away with it.Happy to pay you if you good at that stuff.pm me if yoy can help.not so far from you.

nick
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: 24v M-reg Sea foam

Post by nick » Mon May 28, 2018 1:49 pm

I spent hundreds with him back in the day and had mixed results. I know other people were not as lucky as me so would never recommend. I had the usual trouble with an order or two not arriving but in the end, I just told him to send me something else I needed a few months later. Maybe that's worth a try for any of you who are owed money. The last thing I bought was a plastic sunroof (I would not have known where else to get it) which came within a few days but you never know. I have found most parts (eg. alternators, batteries etc) in places like Eurocarparts at unbeatable prices over the past few years though so surprised he is still getting the orders through. Bear in mind that people liking / following him on social media is not an indication of them using his services Stu. They could have clicked 'like' years ago and forgotten about it. I probably follow / like all sorts of people I don't like! Life's too short to go around unfollowing ;)

Slick
UKPOC Full Member

Post by Slick » Mon May 28, 2018 6:33 pm

Then maybe time to have a spring clean !

The man, and the ‘store’ he runs cannot he trusted, end of!

Use at your peril.....

nick
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: 24v M-reg Sea foam

Post by nick » Mon May 28, 2018 6:38 pm

Just for the record, I don't 'like' his Facebook page anyway (never got round to it) but noticed who does and know the majority (if not all of them) would not go near Probestore these days.

Micron
UKPOC Administrator
Drives: Probe 16v & 24v

Post by Micron » Mon May 28, 2018 6:48 pm

Ok I feel that this post has run its course, and we probably all know not to go to the Ford Probe Store.
Thanks
Me