Weekly good news thread

For all members to chat about anything, no swearing.
fuerte
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: probe24v1996

Weekly good news thread

Post by fuerte » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:20 pm

I think this maybe a popular thread and no harm done to be positive.
So mine is got 3 pants appointments out the way.
Car doing well.
It rained so washed dust off my car.

mikenali
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: 1995 24v

Re: Weekly good news thread

Post by mikenali » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:23 am

Not a biggie, but I have a phobia about needles.

My warfarin levels are back within range, so no daily injections for me....for now \:D/
Mike
Aspen Silver 24v

www.myspace.com/skinwalkeronline

fuerte
UKPOC Full Member

Post by fuerte » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:44 am

mikenali wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:23 am

My warfarin levels are back within range, so no daily injections for me....for now \:D/
Quote my mom used to be on warfarin but it was tablets.She used to go for check ups but one day they said she didnt need it anymore.cynic I am I thought they were cost cutting and I didnt know they still use warfarin.
It is a. Biggy so I hope you continue to be stable.

mikenali
UKPOC Full Member

Post by mikenali » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:58 am

fuerte wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:44 am
mikenali wrote:

Quote my mom used to be on warfarin but it was tablets.She used to go for check ups but one day they said she didnt need it anymore.cynic I am I thought they were cost cutting and I didnt know they still use warfarin.
I take warfarin tablets daily, and they try to keep my INR levels between 2 and 3. However, if it drops below 2, my blood clot risk increases, and I need two injections of Clexane daily. There are newer drugs that do the same job, but with warfarin if you're in a crash, or have an accident with a power tool, etc, they can give you an antidote to make your blood clot. With the newer drugs, if you're cut or have a bad bleed, its harder for them to get your blood to clot again. Did they give your mom a test to make sure it was safe to stop warfarin?
Mike
Aspen Silver 24v

fuerte
UKPOC Full Member

Post by fuerte » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:38 am

mikenali wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:58 am
fuerte wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:44 am
mikenali wrote:

I take warfarin tablets daily, and they try to keep my INR levels between 2 and 3. However, if it drops below 2, my blood clot risk increases, and I need two injections of Clexane daily. There are newer drugs that do the same job, but with warfarin if you're in a crash, or have an accident with a power tool, etc, they can give you an antidote to make your blood clot. With the newer drugs, if you're cut or have a bad bleed, its harder for them to get your blood to clot again. Did they give your mom a test to make sure it was safe to stop warfarin?
I am sorry to hear that you have such a challenging condition.
I was surprised they stopped my moms warfarin but I wasnt there and she in the nicest possible way was useless at asking why or explaining stuff.I just got the impression it was a cost cutting exercise and may have been due to her age.Anyway to be positive she never had another stroke for years after they stopped it and died from cancer very quickly.
I will hope you dont need injections.I dont think anyone likes them and the more you have the less you like them.
So I wish you good health or at least no injections.all the best

mikenali
UKPOC Full Member

Post by mikenali » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:49 am

Making me smile that this 'good news' thread is all doom and gloom lol. The positive side is, although I'm on warfarin for probably the rest of my life, the blood clot I suffered is now classed as 'unexplained'. I was CT scanned looking for cancers, then they found a cyst on my kidney, so more scans, and an ultra sound. The cyst turned out to be a 'simple cyst', and benign. But all that took best part of a year, so was hard work trying put it all out of my head while it was happening. So now am on the up, I can use my leg again, and more importantly can work on cars too. It's a right pain when you can't bend your leg at the knee.
Mike
Aspen Silver 24v

fuerte
UKPOC Full Member

Post by fuerte » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:07 am

mikenali wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:49 am
Making me smile that this 'good news' thread is all doom and gloom lol. The positive side is, although I'm on warfarin for probably the rest of my life, the blood clot I suffered is now classed as 'unexplained'. I was CT scanned looking for cancers, then they found a cyst on my kidney, so more scans, and an ultra sound. The cyst turned out to be a 'simple cyst', and benign. But all that took best part of a year, so was hard work trying put it all out of my head while it was happening. So now am on the up, I can use my leg again, and more importantly can work on cars too. It's a right pain when you can't bend your leg at the knee.
I noticed the irony of the thtead too I laughed that I used the phrase the good news is mom died of cancer.
Glad you have sorted a lot of health issues out.

Incognito
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: 24V ECR

Post by Incognito » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Had a cruise to Alford (Lincs) today in the sun. Car got quite a bit of attention including a young lad saying wow, Dad, look at that car!
............................................Paul...........................................

fuerte
UKPOC Full Member

Post by fuerte » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:14 pm

Incognito wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:04 pm
Had a cruise to Alford (Lincs) today in the sun. Car got quite a bit of attention including a young lad saying wow, Dad, look at that car!
More and more people seem to be commenting on our cars lately.

jrh
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: 94probe

Post by jrh » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:11 pm

We have billions of 'thunderflies' here if anyone wants them.................. free .

Incognito
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: 24V ECR

Post by Incognito » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:21 pm

jrh wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:11 pm
We have billions of 'thunderflies' here if anyone wants them.................. free .
Same here John. f....n things! ](*,)
............................................Paul...........................................

fuerte
UKPOC Full Member

Post by fuerte » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:47 pm

jrh wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:11 pm
Wont the thunder come and take them away.

jmx6
UKPOC Full Member
Drives: Not an MX6 - boo

Post by jmx6 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:06 pm

I’ll swap the thunder flies for the mosquitoes where I am at the moment.
Should be in the garage working instead of being here

fuerte
UKPOC Full Member

Post by fuerte » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:28 pm

jmx6 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:06 pm
I’ll swap the thunder flies for the mosquitoes where I am at the moment.
Fly the rooms with fly spray when you go in and out and try and find something with a pine smell as a repellant.I use avon skin so soft an army trick but a spanish guy said they carry pino leaves in their pockets which I think is pine.
I used to blow up like a balloon but both work for me .
The chemist stuff is rubbish.