Modifications?

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
Jake

Modifications?

Post by Jake » Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:27 pm

So mines nearly ready for the road, just waiting to find out about a windscreen which is like a never ending cycle, but im looking to do some modifications to it, i have a 16v, does anybody know what would be a good way to increase the power, i dont want to get a 24v for more power i like mine how it is with the 16v, thanks in advance

CharlesUK

Re: Modifications?

Post by CharlesUK » Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:51 pm

Without going down the 24v route, I don’t think there are many performance mods for the 16v. You could chuck an exhaust and CAI on and maybe gain a few extra HP. It probably wouldn’t be worth the costs, but I think I’ve heard of one person putting a turbo on the 16v.

Jake

Post by Jake » Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:08 pm

Yh gonna go down the turbo route eventually definitely, new exhaust system i have already just waiting on my stainless steel downpipe and 4-2-1 manifold, cold air intake is already on aswell, just trying to find out the right ecu and fuel injectors to get for the turbo, any ideas what upgraded fuel injectors will fit?

CharlesUK

Post by CharlesUK » Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:19 am

I presume I can share this :?: this is a link to the probe talks site about turbos on the 16v. They mention some injectors on there.

https://forums.probetalk.com/forum/perf ... o-your-2-0

Micron
Site Admin

Post by Micron » Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:14 am

Just remember that the topic on the Probetalk forum is nearly 20 years old, so the availability of items may be less and the costs greatly increased :o
Admin and Owner of this fine club 😎

Jake

Post by Jake » Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:01 pm

Yeh been looking on probetalk, when i first got the car i thought that forum was this one so was on there quite a lot until i found this lol, majority of stuff on there is no longer available unfortunately