NOx value for Probe 24v 1997

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
CLTXY00

NOx value for Probe 24v 1997

Post by CLTXY00 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:12 pm

Does anyone know what the NOx (nitrogen oxide) value is for a 24v 1997 Probe. The reason that I am asking is that I live just inside the newly proposed ULEZ extension zone for London. The limit is 0.08g/km. Some manufactures produced vehicles that met these standards earlier than was legally required (early adopters). I am trying to get a certificate of conformity from Fords to show the data. If the data shows it's less than the limit you can get your vehicle exempt from ULEZ. Certificates of conformity are sometimes issued with vehicles when new. Moves are underway to stop the ULEZ expansion, let's hope they succeed.

Sunfly

Re: NOx value for Probe 24v 1997

Post by Sunfly » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:41 am

I dont live anywhere near London but if I did I think I would try and fix the problem with a change of mayor next year. Send a message to all the other tinpot dictators waiting to see how far he can push people arownd at the same time.

It wouldnt be so bad if they were putting the money back into the infrastructure that is so essential to the economy, but there is little sign of that, the UK roads are like a third world country and getting worse. £800 to fix my last pothole damage. Good luck with your NOx idea though.

andy p

Re: NOx value for Probe 24v 1997

Post by andy p » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:33 am

I'm going to get booed here, The proposed ULEZ extension zone is a necessary thing. It's the way they are doing that is wrong. I lived my whole life in London until about 10 years ago when I moved to the west country, now when I return for a visit I can smell the filth in the air as soon as I get inside the M25. I never noticed it when I lived there. What's wrong is their blanket rules on all non compliant vehicles. They should start with commercial vehicles ( the worst offenders), then over a period of time gradually decrease the emission limits and help London residents with scrappage schemes.
Classic cars should be exempt provided they meet current MOT emissions limits and the removal of catalytic converts just to get a couple of extra HP should be banned.
You are right the council haven't thought this through properly and I think it's going to bite them in the backside next election.