Lazy rev counter

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
Mondeo55

Re: Lazy rev counter

Post by Mondeo55 » Sat May 20, 2023 12:00 pm

This is what I got. Not really sure what I’m looking for. Maybe best left for a professional 🤷‍♂️

Mondeo55

Post by Mondeo55 » Sat May 20, 2023 12:06 pm

Not knowing which is which, I’ve just disconnected and reconnected these. I also removed and reseated the twist out device in what looks to be the ecu and reseated it and it seems to have righted it. Hopefully the last I’ll heard of that fault!!

Removed main cable and reconnected then twisted this out and then reseated it….

cpt black
Tech Rep

Post by cpt black » Sat May 20, 2023 1:31 pm

The one you have circled is the Cruise control unit ;) but if your sorted well done ;)

Kit
Tech Rep

Post by Kit » Sat May 20, 2023 1:47 pm

After hitting a big hole like that :o
I would be more worried about wheel , steering & suspension damage :x

Kit

Micron
Site Admin

Post by Micron » Sat May 20, 2023 1:49 pm

Have you tried cruise control since you removed and reseated it all?
Admin and Owner of this fine club 😎

Mondeo55

Post by Mondeo55 » Sat May 20, 2023 4:03 pm

There’s no damage to the wheel but there’s something clunking mildly on suspension now, nothing obvious and cars pulling and stopping straight. Some new shocks, top mounts and arms wouldn’t be a bad idea.

I’ve not tried the cruise since, I will do though. As for the rev counter it seemed fine when I took it out earlier and took it round to 5500rpm

Kit
Tech Rep

Post by Kit » Sat May 20, 2023 5:35 pm

Drop links ;) :idea:

Kit

Mondeo55

Post by Mondeo55 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:39 pm

And those!

It’s a bit of a dull clunk when the shock is compressed. It’s ok over undulated surfaces. Sadly gonna have to wait for now as on another project now 😢

Sunfly

Post by Sunfly » Mon May 22, 2023 6:31 pm

Kit wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:47 pm
After hitting a big hole like that :o
I would be more worried about wheel , steering & suspension damage :x

Kit
Me too!

Recently I hit a pothole and wiped out the tyre and wheel on the Jag. Fitted the space saver and ten miles on I then wiped out the tyre and wheel on the space saver too. Now I'm £600 the lighter because Cotswold and Gloucester CC couldnt give a sh@@ about doing their job properly. But overfill your dustbin and all that kind of inconsiderate and downright dangerous behaviour and they'd have Health and Safety knocking on your door sharpish with a fine and a criminal record like as not.

Now given that over 200 cyclists have been killed on the roads since 2016 (source RAC) directly due to potholes, where on earth are the Health and safety executive (pothole division). Well I can tell you that they weren't staring into bottomless pits on the Fossway and they werent at the Air Balloon roundabout, and I very much doubt they are interested in your pothole either. I just cant work it out!

Could it be that the H & S are a government agency which is operated by the DWP and are often to be found making a nuisance of themselves from their enclave in the council offices which is just an extension of government and thus they turn a blind eye? Surely not!

Mondeo55

Post by Mondeo55 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:23 pm

Oh dear, not good! I’ve wiped out a wheel on the Mondeo previously and never got far with the council.

It seems that our councils and governments are only interested in schemes that make money (such as ULEZ and Forced EV adoption in 2030) rather than anything that costs them money. And with the ever increasing weight and size of the modern monstrosities that the so many people are driving around in, I can’t see the road conditions getting any better for the foreseeable.