HELP

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
Kit
Tech Rep

Re: HELP

Post by Kit » Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:08 pm

Budz59 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:27 am
Thanks for info Micron , Dizzy on my car is part no T6T57871 is this S1 ? it was new in Oct 20 .
If you have a ford chipped key, with the Temic system, it's a S3 dizzy

Kit

mr moo

Post by mr moo » Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:03 am

From this read I would say the head or gasket has failed between 2.and 3. Source a head gasket, inspect your head and try to get it crack tested off of the engine, or just source another head, if your block is ok. The regulator is quite easy to replace.

mr moo

Post by mr moo » Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:12 am

After re reading, change the regulator first and check the state of play. The hoses will go hard when the engines hot, so I'm not sure what they're saying there. I doubt it's the dizzy, it can't differentiate between cylinders. Blowby is normal on worn engines at static pressure. White smoke is over rich. You can smell exhaust gasses in the coolant if the gasket has failed.

The regulator is there for cold starting. The injectors are held open longer when more fuel is required, nothing to do with the regulator, but since the diaphragm is split, fuel is entering the vacuum system and being drawn in to the wet cylinders as the vacuum system is located between these cylinders on the inlet manifold. The black plastic vacuum boxes are also holding fuel