headunit adapter

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
ICKLE
Site Admin

headunit adapter

Post by ICKLE » Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:33 am

Anyone know where you can buy the leads to fit an aftermarket head unit ,,,i know you can buy them i just cant for the life of me find one anywhere and i dont want to be chopping and cutting wires... ;)

Slick

Re: headunit adapter

Post by Slick » Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:58 am

Which type, ribbon one nearly impossible
I found a while back….
Might have other one somewhere…..

Micron
Site Admin

Post by Micron » Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:03 pm

ICKLE wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:33 am
Anyone know where you can buy the leads to fit an aftermarket head unit ,,,i know you can buy them i just cant for the life of me find one anywhere and i dont want to be chopping and cutting wires... ;)
If it’s for the original radio, then I have one, but it might be in the container and I can’t get to it before tomorrow, but I will look in the workshop, just in case I have already brought it back?
Admin and Owner of this fine club 😎

ICKLE
Site Admin

Post by ICKLE » Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:35 pm

No it’s the ribbon one so I can fit an aftermarket head unit and still keep the amp running ..I can’t be assed to run all new speaker cables direct to the head unit as its a ball ache ..
They must sell them in the states surely ..you used to be able to get them from Halfords but they just look at you like you’ve asked them for some moon dust 🤣🤣

ICKLE
Site Admin

Post by ICKLE » Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:02 pm

It connects to these then you connect it to the head unit harness ..

ICKLE
Site Admin

Post by ICKLE » Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:32 pm

Got one must have tried 10 different places and the last place I tried had 1 in a storage box that hadn’t been looked in for about 15 years 🤣🤣🤣another rare part then for the cars if you want to fit and aftermarket head unit ..

Micron
Site Admin

Post by Micron » Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:07 pm

ICKLE wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:35 pm
No it’s the ribbon one so I can fit an aftermarket head unit and still keep the amp running ..I can’t be assed to run all new speaker cables direct to the head unit as its a ball ache ..
They must sell them in the states surely ..you used to be able to get them from Halfords but they just look at you like you’ve asked them for some moon dust 🤣🤣
I do believe it's the one I have, but just didn't explain it well!

not that it's needed now :lol:
Admin and Owner of this fine club 😎