Failed MOT work

For all technical questions. VIEWABLE without login, you need to register (free) to be able to post a question.
Stacey
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:08 pm

Re: Failed MOT work

Post by Stacey » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:53 pm

😊 No sunroof lol yes you have to press the little button to be able to start him up lol will get engine picture tomorrow lol inside is immaculate just outside the paint work has faded a fair bit, is he quite rare then? I know nothing about the probe really, my dad has had him from new, I had a Ford cougar and he was my project, this is my dad's which he loves but now lives abroad.

Dakota
Full Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:50 pm

Re: Failed MOT work

Post by Dakota » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 pm

That is a beauty that paintwork would shine with a good day and a mop and a 3 stage polish and seal .

Kit
Tech Rep
Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:16 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Failed MOT work

Post by Kit » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:58 pm

Dakota wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 pm
That is a beauty that paintwork would shine with a good day and a mop and a 3 stage polish and seal .
If you sort out the paintwork, I’ll sort out the brakes ;)

Kit

Dakota
Full Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:50 pm

Re: Failed MOT work

Post by Dakota » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 pm

Kit wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:58 pm
Dakota wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 pm
That is a beauty that paintwork would shine with a good day and a mop and a 3 stage polish and seal .
If you sort out the paintwork, I’ll sort out the brakes ;)

Kit
I have a mop , think I have pads I can't remember without going to the ex's to look and need some paint detox , g3 and a quality silicon free canuba wax , got a jet wash somewhere too and need a good day before it starts getting to dark and damp early .

Stacey
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:08 pm

Re: Failed MOT work

Post by Stacey » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:31 pm

I see i may have to buy extra biscuits, tea and coffee and bacon for rolls :lol:

My only issue i have with joining clubs, i had the same at the cougar one is i literally have NOTHING to offer..... i know nothing about cars, i cant help fix a car and that makes me feel really crappy! I had a full new engine in the Colin (the Cougar!) guys came down from Scotland etc, stayed the whole weekend and crashed at mine, i made sure they were fed and watered well but it was never really enough to repay then :( and i feel this would be the same, yes i will pay a membership fee but its still not enough for the hard work, time and effort people put in, specially if people are not local, work all week, have families then spend a day sorting my car out...... If you guys are anything like them i can hear you saying ' but it saves another loved car going to the scrappy'

ummmm food for thought (but if someone can point me in the right direction to signing up for full membership that would be great :) )

jrh
Full Member
Posts: 469
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:08 pm
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Failed MOT work

Post by jrh » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:15 pm

Just send an email tto membership@ukpoc.co.uk saying you would like to join.
Then get your £10 ready.

Micron
Site Admin
Posts: 972
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:08 pm
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Failed MOT work

Post by Micron » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:25 pm

Stacey wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:31 pm
I see i may have to buy extra biscuits, tea and coffee and bacon for rolls :lol:

My only issue i have with joining clubs, i had the same at the cougar one is i literally have NOTHING to offer..... i know nothing about cars, i cant help fix a car and that makes me feel really crappy! I had a full new engine in the Colin (the Cougar!) guys came down from Scotland etc, stayed the whole weekend and crashed at mine, i made sure they were fed and watered well but it was never really enough to repay then :( and i feel this would be the same, yes i will pay a membership fee but its still not enough for the hard work, time and effort people put in, specially if people are not local, work all week, have families then spend a day sorting my car out...... If you guys are anything like them i can hear you saying ' but it saves another loved car going to the scrappy'

ummmm food for thought (but if someone can point me in the right direction to signing up for full membership that would be great :) )
Stacey,
You say you have nothing to offer, but you have decided to save another Ford Probe, lots of people are in a similar position, but they are still full members, some don't even own a Ford Probe anymore, but still pay each year. As mentioned it's £10 per year, which is nothing really.
I personally think that some of them thrive on the challenge and helping out others, so please don't worry about it, only become a full member if you want to.

Thanks

Trev

jmx6
Full Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:27 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Failed MOT work

Post by jmx6 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:56 pm

This is one of the best things about this club - full of friendly, helpful people who will readily give time and expertise to help sort out others Probes and MX6s.

Keep the teas/coffee and bacon buttys/fried egg sarnies coming and maybe a slice or 2 of cake and jobs will get done.

TBH I think that working on Probes is such a way of life for some of the members that they can’t cope when they are not doing it.

Dakota
Full Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:50 pm

Re: Failed MOT work

Post by Dakota » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:11 pm

It's all about saving cars even if we don't own . I think every classic I've ever owned I've joined a club , sometimes you get cheaper car insurance on a classic policy so even if you never get help off others or go to shows your membership fee helps save money and save a car club . 2020 hasn't been brilliant but all us classic car owner's need and will have a awesome 2021 at the shows , the site forums help and tbh I wasn't even going to own a vehicle again as I live 2 minutes from a city centre but whoops I did it again and bought another motor that needs rebuilding and a Haynes manual a cuppa and a bacon sandwich isall you need to get your hands dirty and learn . The people on here have been great and I can't wait to get this damm virus gone and like so many get back out in the land of living.

Stacey
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:08 pm

Re: Failed MOT work

Post by Stacey » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:46 pm

😊 I will sort membership out by the end of the week but maybe come say hi, meet Paul (the probe 😂) have a cuppa and take a look, he is pretty poorly, engine mounts gone (I have parts here to fit) boot struts gone, all the mot failure, needs new wipers, door lock.... The list goes on lol to me it's far to much to ask anyone to help but happy to get hands on 😊 where are you all from? I haven't seen a probe local to corby for many years

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests